- Kids Help Phone Kids Help Phone is always there for you. No matter what you want to talk about, we’re here to listen. No judgment, totally private, 24/7.
- Mental Health Canada’s mission is to provide the conduit that unites the Canadian public with the Mental Health Professional and is committed to strengthening awareness and alerting the public about available mental health services across Canada.
- The Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) offers a host of resources, tools and training programs aimed at increasing mental health literacy and improving the mental health and well-being of all people living in Canada.
- Bell Let’s Talk Available year-round, the Bell Let’s Talk website is also a great resource for finding links and information about help and counseling across Canada.
- National Network for Mental Health acts to advocate, to educate, and to offer expertise and resources to increase the health and well-being of the community of Canadians with the lived experience of mental health issues.
- Heart Math Experience science-based technology and programs for taking charge of your life..
- Mood Disorders Society of Canada is to provide people with mood disorders with a strong, cohesive voice at the national level.
- Mind Your Mind is a youth mental health and engagement program that works in partnership with youth, emerging adults and the professionals who serve them to co-develop innovative tools and resources.
- Jack Through Jack Talks, Jack Chapters, and Jack Summits, young leaders identify and dismantle barriers to positive mental health in their communities. Jack.org is working towards a Canada where all young people understand how to take care of their own mental health and look out for each other.
- ConnexOntario ConnexOntario provides free and confidential health services information for people experiencing problems with alcohol and drugs, mental illness and/or gambling.
- Health Line Find local health and community services across Ontario.
- Mine Your Mine exists in a space where mental health, wellness, engagement, and technology meet. We work with community partners and young people aged 14 to 29 to co-create interactive tools and innovative resources to build capacity and resilience.
- More Feet on the Ground This online resource is intended to be a one-stop shop for any campus professional or student leader looking to understand more about mental health and refer a student to relevant programs or departments. It was developed to help faculty, administration and campus staff learn how to recognize, respond and refer students experiencing mental health issues on campus.
- Campus Mental Health You can find everything you need here, from resources on student mental health, webinars with experts, campus initiatives, to the latest news.
- Life Recovery Program Life Recovery Program is designed for people coping with mild to moderate symptoms of addiction, anxiety, stress, and other mental health issues.
- Inkblot Therapy Be your best self with video mental health counselling from the comfort of home.
Apps (Android and Apple)
- What’s up is an amazing free app that uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) methods to help you cope with Depression, Anxiety, Stress, and more. (Free; iOS and Android)
- MoodKit uses the foundation of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and provides users with over 200 different mood improvement activities. ($4.99; iOS)
- Happify with its psychologist-approved mood-training program, the Happify app is your fast-track to a good mood. The best part about Happify is that you can try their many engaging games, activities and gratitude suggestions which in turn can help you to train your brain as if it were a muscle, to overcome negative thoughts. (Free; iOS and Android)
- Mood Tools supports people with clinical depression by aiding their path to recovery. They offer helpful videos that can help you improve your mood and behavior, you can log your thoughts and analyze using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) principles. (Free; iOS and Android)
- Quit That! This app helps users beat their habits or addictions. Whether its quitting drinking alcohol, quit smoking, or stop drug use, it’s the perfect recovery tool to track and monitor your progress. (Free; iOS)
- Mind Shift is one of the best mental health apps designed specifically for teens and young adults with anxiety. Rather than trying to avoid anxious feelings, Mind Shift focuses on the importance of changing how you think about anxiety. This app is your BFF, cheering you on, offering encouragement ride out the intense emotions and how to face challenging situations. (Free; iOS and Android)
- PTSD Coach for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), offers everything from a self-assessment for PTSD, to help you find opportunities for support and give you positive and encouraging self-talk. What’s helpful about PTSD Coach is the ability to customize tools based on your own needs. Another great feature it has is the ability to integrates your own music and photos to help you thru the storm.
(Free; iOS and Android)
- Breathe2Relax is made for the moments when you just need to breathe and relax, it has been created by the National Center for Telehealth and Technology, this app is a stress management tool that teaches its users a very helpful skill called diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe2Relax works by helping decrease the body’s ‘fight-or-flight’ instinctive response, making it a great app for people suffering from PTSD. (Free; iOS and Android)
- Insight Timer is the worlds largest free guided library of meditation and sleep. Learn how to meditate and its benefits on your life, sleep, stress and much more. (Free; iOS and Android)
- Address Stress is a 14-day stress reduction program. The program can help you reduce and manage stress in a simple, scientific and relaxing way. Learn the strategies and skills with the power to bring calm and peace in your daily life. (Purchase here)
- Stop, Breathe & Think is an app to help you calm down in 5 minutes, using short activities to tune in to your emotions. Practice breathing technics to create space between your thoughts, emotions, and reactions. (Free; iOS and Android)