Trauma in the Nervous System and the Tools of Resilience – This 2-hour workshop will be available to book at your workplace available now! Police, Firefighters, Emergency Medical Services, Nurses, Correction Officers, Security and anyone who experiences trauma or wants to learn about trauma and its effects on the body will benefit from the knowledge offered.
Trauma can occur as a result of violence, abuse, neglect, loss, and other emotionally harmful experiences and may have lasting impact on the victim’s mental and emotional stability and their ability to live a normal life.
In this workshop, you will:
- gain an understanding of common short and long-term stress responses in the brain and body, with a view from the human nervous system
- review a trauma timeline and the scientific research of the brain’s ability to heal and learn over time when the “tools of resilience” are practiced
- gain a sense of control and awareness as you understand how to proactively support yourself mentally and physically
- examine the process of “checking in” and “checking out” as you gain a deeper understanding of your own well-being
- be provided with resources to assist you on your journey to well-being
Sara Salehi is well-equipped to support you on your journey from trauma to wellness. As a veteran of The Canadian Armed Forces, she combines her military background as well as her academic training to present science and hands-on strategies to manage trauma. Sara earned a Master Science degree in Rehabilitation Science and Neuroscience and offers workshops and private sessions that enhance brain and body awareness as well as pre-deployment training for Canadian Forces.
Learn more about Sara and her work on her LinkedIn profile and read her guest blog here: Change is Constant and Suffering is Optional – Understanding Trauma
Please contact us to book this workshop.